How much more efficient can your factory become and what impact would it have on your Profits & Losses?
What 3 - 5 Continuous Improvement initiatives would make the most dramatic impact on performance if they were fully integrated into your team and operating model?
What specific actions can be taken to ensure that the benefits from improvement efforts are realized and sustained?
The Percent Perfect Methodology® (PPM) can help answer these questions and more in as few as 4 - 16 weeks depending on the complexity of your manufacturing operation. The PPM applies proven scientific methods used by Toyota, Tesla, Lockheed Martin, Mars, Nestle, and many other industry-leading manufacturing companies to drive performance, profits, and customer satisfaction. All engagements come with complimentary access and implementation support of the Factory Operating System (fOS).
The PPM is designed to achieve rapid and sustained results in operating efficiency and manufacturing profitability. It is founded in the core principles of Continuous Improvement including Lean Six Sigma, TPM, Agile Management, and others.
This methodology delivers the following benefits:
- - Rapidly increase profitability and the value of your business by reducing bottom-line operating costs
- - Quickly increase operating efficiency and customer service levels by systematically driving out the greatest losses
- - Focus your organization on the few critical areas needed to achieve Operational Excellence by applying Pareto's Law to the drivers of efficiency loss
- - Develop and motivate your workforce to see and eliminate efficiency losses for sustained results
- - Initiate or compliment your Lean Six Sigma Implementation efforts
The PPM is made up of four phases that can be executed relatively quickly
- Define Perfection - Calculate operating parameters in a zero-loss state including:
- - Profitability
- - Operating Cost
- - Throughput Capacity
- - Order Lead Time
- - Working Capital
- - Others
- Assess Current Execution Levels - Determine Percent-to-Perfection and drivers of losses including:
- - Availability Losses
- - Throughput Losses
- - Yield Losses
- - Additional Losses According to the Lean 8 Wastes
- Prioritize Key Value Drivers - Prioritize initiatives for capturing greatest gains by:
- - Creating Pareto of Losses by Driver
- - Identifying 3 – 5 critical Lean Six Sigma tools & processes needed to cut losses to within 15%
- Systematize Improvement Levers - Integrate improvement levers into operating model by:
- - Developing expertise on critical Lean Six Sigma toolkit within workforce by creating master classes based on the organizational structure and scope of responsibilities
- - Implementing systematic efficiency loss recognition & escalation protocols
The first phases of the PPM are completed using the Factory Operating System (fOS). This is a proprietary tool that quickly helps to determine how much more efficient your factory can become by applying the principle of Overall Equipment Effectiveness (OEE). Its also loaded with features to drive a culture of Continuous Improvement within your manufacturing operations teams. Key features include:
- - Interactive Performance Reporting (no boring Excel spreadsheets or Powerpoint slides)
- - One-click savings calculations for accelerated decision-making and project justification
- - Automated standard run rate assignment and updating
Click this link for more details on fOS features: fOS Features
Schedule a Call to determine if the PPM is right for you.
I look forward to engaging with you.
Engage with us:
Connect with us: